On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 16:26 +0100, Eric Spakman wrote:
> Hi Natanael,
>
> >> Hi Mike,

> >> We do have a package containing libstdc++: libcxx.lrp
> >> But the library is also pretty big, more than 400 kbyte...
> >>

> > Have a look at
> > http://cxx.uclibc.org/
> >

> > The size of my alpinelinux package (very similar the lrp format) is
> > 64062 bytes.
> >

> > Sum of uncompressed filesize is 182kb.
> >

> That's definitly worth looking at. But the software doesn't seem to be
> very actively developt...

I guess he is waiting for the uclibc-0.9.29 release.

I have only once reported an issue to uclibc++. It got fixed in
reasonable time.

> Is it a dropin replacement for the gcc libstdc++ libraries?

Yes. Most programs compile against it without problems.

Those are the packages alpinelinux has thats linked to uclibc++:

ctorrent-1.3.4-r3.apk
dansguardian-2.8.0.6-r1.apk
db-4.2.52_p4-r2.apk
groff-1.19.2-r1.apk
iperf-2.0.1.apk
libpcre-6.6.apk
libusb-0.1.12.apk
nmap-4.01.apk
sg3_utils-1.11.apk

I have heard ppl have compiled KDE with it.

Natanael Copa