Thanks Eric,

I'll add the sources under
/leaf.cvs.sourceforge.net/leaf/src/bering-uclibc/contrib/
as you suggest. At the moment I have a single document which covers all
of the packages. I'll look at how best to divide that up across the four
- or at least split apart the NFS and LVM2 aspects.

In terms of dependencies:

NFS needs:
   - In the uClibc .config file:
        UCLIB_HAS_FULL_RPC=Y
   - In the Kernel .config file:
        CONFIG_NFSD=m       (for the kernel NFS server code)
        CONFIG_NFSD_V3=y    (otherwise only get NFS V2)
        CONFIG_NFSD_TCP=y   (optional - only for NFS over TCP)
        CONFIG_LOCKD_V4=y   (automatically set)

LVM2 itself doesn't need much, but it does need the kernel Device
Mapper, which comes as a kernel source patch. There's a 2.4 kernel
patchset available here: http://sources.redhat.com/dm/patches.html which
I used successfully. Once the patch is applied, a couple of new kernel
modules can be built: CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DM=m and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DM_MIRROR=m

LVM1, on the other hand, would have only required a new kernel module
since I believe it does more of the work in user space. I chose to go
with LVM2 for compatibility with the syntax and capabilities I know from
e.g. Fedora, and for the extra flexibility that the Device Mapper
provides.

David