On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 14:08 +0100, davidMbrooke wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 01:06 +0200, KP Kirchdoerfer wrote:
-snip-
> > > My thoughts:
> > >    - Shouldn't we include a copy of the GPL in all of the disk images,
> > > because the GPL says that every user "...should have received a copy of
> > > the GNU General Public License along with this program"?
> > >    - Shouldn't we add a License statement / page to the Wiki which
> > > clarifies which license (or licenses) applies to LEAF?
> >
> > Yes to both :)
>
> If we simply add e.g. the GPLv2 "COPYING" file to each disk image then
> we would be declaring that license applies to LEAF Bering-uClibc 4.0,
> which would be premature if there is no consensus. I guess we should do
> nothing for the 4.0 release.

KP & David,
Historically, we didn't include a copy on the binary distribution due to
floppy storage limitations. There should have been a copy of the GPL,
etc. license with each contribution in CVS.

Now that we have moved to a less constrained target media(s), and git
for SCM; I see no reason that we can't include licenses with the
compiled distribution.

--
Mike Noyes
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes