On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 10:38 +0100, Ian Abbott wrote:
> On 16/05/11 17:33, Mike Noyes wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 16:55 +0100, Ian Abbott wrote:
> >> I'm sure one of the web page maintainers will notice it soon, but just
> >> in case, I'll mention it now:  There's an XML parsing error on all the
> >> leaf.sf.net (or leaf.sourceforce.net) pages as follows:
> >
> > Ian,
> > Thanks for letting me know. Firefox fails to load pages that fail XML
> > Parsing. Chromium notes the error and displays the page. I'll attempt to
> > fix the problem today.
>
> The Firefox behaviour is correct, IMHO (XML is supposed to be
> "well-formed").

Ian,
You're correct. Our website is one of the few that serves pages as
application/xhtml+xml (RFC 3236). At the time, I believed this was where
W3C was heading with web standards.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/#media-types
http://phpwebsite-comm.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/phpwebsite-comm/themes/debug/theme.php?revision=1.26&view=markup
However, I was incorrect, and HTML 5 was born.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/XHTML

The XML rendering is an issue when you update the site with a page that
isn't well-formed, and don't have a browser that will parse the site
regardless of the error. You are unable to correct the problem without
accessing the MySQL database and making direct content edits.

I really need to make time and migrate/upgrade our website to Drupal
( http://drupal.org/ ).

> Anyway, thanks to KP for fixing it, and thanks guys for
> the LEAF Bering-uClibc 4.0 release which I'm planning to upgrade to at
> my convenience!

KP,
I changed our SCM link on the website to Git, per your earlier request.
I apologize for the delay.

--
Mike Noyes
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes