19.05.2011 11:38, Per Sjoholm пишет:
> On 05/19/2011 12:29 AM, Andrew wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> I updated kernel to latest 2.6.35.13, also I made some config
>> modifications (I removed some SATA/PATA drivers and PCI-E NIC drivers
>> from i486&   geode platform due to useless, and added some drivers like
>> watchdog&   other).
>> Now I'm running rebuild from scratch, and later I'll test i686 kernel on
>> test systems.
>> Can somebody test other kernels?
> Using Virtualbox
> I tested hdsup.lrp on i486 kernel and mke2fs requires libpthread.so.0
> Is this a kernel or a lrp issue?

Is lpthread.lrp loaded?
> I tried i686 but pentium m (i668) can't use i686 kernel due to no pae
> processor support
>
> Some i686 machines may require to use i486 kernel and drivers for newer
> hardware.
>
> /Per
I think nobody will use i486 kernel on machine that supports PCI-E -
because it can run SMP i686 one, and nobody will also run i486 kernel on
MB with nvidia chipset with SATA, or on some other MBs which definitely
must have CPUs that supports i686 kernel. But of course kernel config
needs more accurate review.