19.06.2011 22:49, Mike Noyes пишет:
> On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 21:36 +0200, KP Kirchdoerfer wrote:
>>> Andrew,
>>> Agreed. One repository for each LEAF branch/sub-project. This will allow
>>> project lead developers and teams better control of repository content.
>>>
>>> Note: I'm not sure if there are limits on git repository
>>> creation imposed by SF.
>> Mike you talk about LEAF/sub-project like Bering-uClibc, lince,
>> whatever? I do agree.
> KP,
> Correct. LEAF branches.
>
>          Branch Derivation
>          http://leaf.sourceforge.net/images/pagemaster/release-branch-flow.png
>

>> Andrew, why?
>>
>> We can branching with git (and I think a lot can be done that way), we
>> can have seperate directories on top of branches (like bering-uclibc4,
>> bering-uclibc5). Why should we create repositories?
>>
>> Directories and branches can be created by every developer.
>> Repositories needs admin work.
>>
>> A Bering-uClibc developer pulling /leaf/leaf gets all of the
>> Bering-uClibc directories, but then why should a Bering-uClibc
>> developer be concerned to have those in his tree?
>>
>> Maybe the repository name "leaf" is misleading and should be renamed
>> to Bering-uClibc, where the directories Bering-uClibc4, Bering-uClibc5
>> etc lives?
I mean repository for each new project that is slightly differ from
other, or that will require different access rights, or that shouldn't
take advantage from 'git rebase' due to very different
versioning/software. Or for new version if old one becomes unsupported.
In two words - this is for projects/versions that can't/shouldn't
interact with other branches by any reason.
I think that BuC5 may become one of such projects (major version IMHO
will be changed only due to heavy modification of toolchain/software
that'll cause incompatibility with old manuals/packages). For ex., if
we'll move building code from buildtool to makefiles, or different
building system.