Hi Andrew,
Hi all,

I've manged today to boot a spare Alix box with the next major version
of Bering-uClibc, also known as "buc-next".

I've been able to establish a ppp connection and to access the Net from
my LAN - so the basics works with my setup copied from the production
machine.

I've yet not been able to test WLAN (missing hardware), IPv6 and other
stuff due to configuration pb's on my side.

The main hurdle is the outdated PXE install (pxeinstall.gz), which is
still based on an outdated Bering-uClibc version. It does not support
/dev/sdx (/dev/hdx instead), does not handle long filenames etc..

But then it has been a good start.