Hi.
31.03.2013 20:26, KP Kirchdoerfer пишет:
> Hi all;
>
> with the help of David and based on the work of buildtool.org developers
> and many others, I was able to create a toolchain that produces a kernel
> and lrp's able to boot on a raspberry pi, to login, to get local net
> access and to ssh into the remote box.
>
> While it will be a long way to create images for the raspberry pi, it
> clearly shows that our toolchain is able to successfully cross-compile -
> something I've expected, but it's always good to see it really works.
Good work.
> Before I create a remote repository, so anyone has something to work
> with, I'm running rebuild from scratch.
>
> Some notes about what has been accomplshed and the remaining tasks:
>
> It's based on kernel version 3.6.11, because the patches are for 3.2 or
> 3.6, but not for our currently used 3.4 kernel.
> There is ongoing work to include the patches into the mainline kernel,
> so life will be easier in the future.
Maybe 3.2 patch (or 3.6) will lay on 3.4 kernel? Did you try?
> Not all packages build, esp kernel related packages, as expected, but
> also others fail, like iptraf, and I do see errors with perl
> Digest/SHA1, which also means shorewall will fail to start.
> I also had to remove e100* from kmodules to build moddb.
e100* should not even be compiled for rpi, like many others NICs - rpi
hasn't PCI/PCI-E busses, so it's waste of time and space.
> The kernel config needs a review. Esp regarding modules. The kernel
> config  as-is compiles ext4 and vfat into the kernel.
>
> It seems that the raspberry is not able to load more than initrd (initrd
> and initmod), so we have to concatenate initrd and initmod - with
> something like the following command:
>
> cat initrd.gz initmod.gz > initrd-rpi.gz
initmod on embedded platforms may be removed at all - all boot-time
modules may be compiled into kernel. One platform, one chipset, one
device set.
Or, if initrd concatenation is possible - some modules like usb flash
may be external, in initmod.