Hi gents;

libnl and libnl3 has been the source of a great mess in the past.
libnl has been put in to maintence mode, with libnl2/3 as successor -
while a lot of packages still relied on libnl.

We've discussed that issue in 2010:
"IMHO it isn't good idea to switch on libnl v2 - because it still in
development stage, not declared as 'stable', and even in such
'leading-edge' distro as Gentoo there is still libnl-1.1."

and we consequently disabled libnl3 in our buildenv.

I've investigated the issue the last days and compiled a more recent
version of libnl3, identified the packages using libnl and searched for
patches.

The packages in question are hostapd, kismet, keepalived and ipvsadm.

I managed to compile all of these, gave a short test to kismet,
keepalived and ipvsadm and use hostapd in production.

If we agree, I'd like to commit these changes to master as part of the
next beta version.

If preferred I can build a new git branch, but I'm afraid we'll get lost
in various git branches.
(I have to confess, I'm still not used to work with a lot of branches
simultaneously)