Sorry, this went private.

In the example below that is in the 'replied to' text, apkg does not backup
symlinks or empty directories and is confirmed by KP. But it's not a bug.
That's how it was designed. Symlinks are very important to me and I can't
imagine not using them. The only other way is to create them on the fly during
bootup. Same goes for empty directories.

I've attached a diff that will allow apkg to backup empty directories and
symbolic links. It also has a more informative rundiff() which shows more of
what changed.

I've use this daily for the past week or so. Just cleaned it up a little today.
If anyone is interested in the new features, please give it a try.

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:04 AM, kp kirchdoerfer
<kap...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
Hi;

Am Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2014, 21:43:56 schrieben Sie:
> When you specify a directory in a .local file (eg., usr/local) it will
> backup everything inside that directory except for empty directories or
> symlinks. I have not tried a symlink specified in a .local. I don't see
> that there is a way for it to work the way I think it should based on the
> code.
>
> Here's an example:
>
> Add this to buildtool.cfg for the local.lrp and rebuild package:
>

> <File>
>    Filename    = usr/local
>    Type        = directory
>    Type        = local
>    Permissions = 755
> </File>
>

> Or maybe you can just add:
>
> usr/local
>
> ...to the existing local.local file. Then...
>

> cd /usr/local
> ln -s /tmp .
> mkdir emptydir
>

> Now run a backup with:
>
> with_storage -r $MNT apkg -r
>
> Then restore the local.lrp file to your temp directory and you will find
> that neither symlinks or empty directories are backed up.

You are right - it does not work, neither for empty directories nor for
symlinked files.

What is this a real problem for you?
I mean any chance we can solve this with our current logic?

You're of course welcome to improve apkg, but it will require a lot of testing
- but that's what betas are meant to be.