Hi Andrew

Am 19.08.2015 um 11:16 schrieb Andrew:

/var/lib/lrpkg/modules.sqfs

What is this file for? If it is used to tell which modules to fetch
from where then the whole point of autodetection is questionable?

/var/lib/lrpkg/*.modules provides list of modules that are loaded from
LRP (for ex., initmod.modules) so should be omitted when moddb is created.

Who does create and maintain this file, to tell you the truth, the less lists we need to maintain the better.

Basically I understand the modules in initmod (or initrd) as temporary just enabling the system to access storage and possibly network resources for the _real_ modules. This is why I would like to see initmod shrink to an absolute minimum.

cheers

ET