HI Erich;

Am Samstag, 10. Oktober 2015, 13:08:17 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Hi KP
>
> Am 10.10.2015 um 03:20 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
> > Hi Erich;

> > This does not happen, if one adds a new etc.lrp with "apkg -u", where
> > changes between confg files are noticed to the user, who can then decide
> > to Keep the old file, to Replace it with the new version, to Show
> > differences or to Edit a merge file.
> >
> > Can your upgrade script handle this better (does it run apkg -u for
> > Packages?), than the sole replacement of the Package file??
> >
> > This would be a welcome improvement.
>
> This is a good point, but it may break upgrade as right now there is no
> user interaction, whereas apkg -u always has user interaction and this
> IMHO would be a major drawback.

Why would this be a major drawback?

It is my understanding that the upgrade script downloads the files to your
mountpoint/local storage.

But that way you'll run into  problems like you have seen with fstab.

Maybe you can enhance upgrade to also upgrade the running system with apkg -u,
as second step, you'll get all the benefits of the upgrade logic of apkg.
Yes this requires user action, but without you either miss new config settings
or you lose your  changes to the config files.

The last step would be to svae the changes to configdb.

As I said this would be a huge improvement compared to the current upgrade
process.