> How can we modify LRP user prompt to dynamically follow $PWD?
>
> This is how we do it in standard Debian:
>
> `\u@\h:\w#`
>
> What do you think?

Unfortunately, one of the things ash removes to save space is parsing of the
prompt string, so there's nothing you can enter for PS1 or PS2 that will
make it track your current directory.

All is not lost, however.  Since we're dealing with linux, there are about a
million ways to do anything, so the solution just isn't as simple as setting
an appropriate prompt.  Basically, what you do is make an alias for the "cd"
command that set your prompt as well as change the directory.  I described
how to do this in a previous e-mail that apparently got lost in the
linuxrouter.org archives, and since I can't seem to access geocrawler at the
moment either, I'm re-posting the technique to the leaf list (in a seperate
e-mail).

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net