Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:48:59 -0700
From: Victor McAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Leaf-user] FW: Leaf-user digest, Vol 1 #69 - 4 msgs

I disagree.  ttyp0 ttyp1 - is not needed for ssh login.  I recommend not
having
ttyp0 enabled in /etc/securetty.
Perhaps you did not add sshd to /etc/hosts.allow
sshd:  192.168.1.1  if you are only allowing logins from internal network
single machine

sshd: 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 for internal network

not recommended sshd: ALL

sshd:

Kevin wrote:

> added both ttyp1 and ttyp2 to the /etc/securetty file, saved and rebooted
>
> putty still will not connect - get Remote Session Closed by Host
>
> any other suggestions to get this sshd going??

winmail.dat