Hi folks,

I'm wonder if ya could all help me out, I've got something that's a little
weird happening with my cable setup.
First off I'm running on a SURFboard SB3100 cable modem. (I'm connected to
Optus@HOME in Australia),
I've got my LRP box  all setup and working sweet (has been for over 2 years
now), but this one thing has bothered me for sometime now.

I read that the SURFboard modems have some SNMP setup/polling/filtering
control etc I would like to be able to poll the modem and use it but how is
my first question?

Secondly when I do a traceroute from my internal machine to say my work
this is the path....
Tracing route to gateway.eyemedia.net.au [202.53.44.1] over a maximum of 30
hops:
  1   <10 ms   <10 ms   <10 ms  192.168.0.1
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    50 ms    30 ms    30 ms  r1-pos5-0-0.sunsh1.vic.excitehome.net.au
[203.164.3.109]
  4    20 ms    30 ms    30 ms  r1-pos2-2.eburwd1.vic.excitehome.net.au
[203.164.3.97]
  5    20 ms    30 ms    30 ms  ATM5-0-0-1.mn1.optus.net.au
[202.139.138.173]
  6    30 ms    30 ms    40 ms  GigEth1-0-0.mb1.optus.net.au
[202.139.188.4]
  7    40 ms    40 ms    40 ms  Davnet.mb1.optus.net.au [202.139.134.146]
  8    20 ms    30 ms    30 ms  gig4-0.dc1-core1.mel.dav.net.au
[202.53.33.12]
  9    30 ms    41 ms    50 ms  gig2-0.101col57-core1.mel.dav.net.au
[203.174.153.66]
 10    30 ms    40 ms    60 ms  fa0-0-1.101col57-acc1.mel.dav.net.au
[203.174.153.227]
 11    30 ms    40 ms    30 ms  gateway.eyemedia.net.au [202.53.44.1]

it's the
2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
line that is weird to me, that should be my REAL ip but it's not, I'm not
sure if this is an LRP thing, a cable modem thing, etc.
I'm also wondering if it's related to the SNMP stuff, or more of why I cant
actually hit my cable modem's ip to poll the SNMP.

anyways your input would be muchly appreciated

Adam Niedzwiedzki
AKA: AdStarŪ

c: genis-x
a: level 1, 278 church street richmond, victoria, 3121, au, earth
p: +613 9421 2777
f: +613 9421 2896
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w: www.genis-x.com
icq: 325910

"You! Off my planet!!!!"

NOTICE:  The information in this email is confidential and is intended only
for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or use
of the information is strictly prohibited.  Further, if you are offended by
the material in any way, please return the offending email to the attention
of the Company Secretary via [EMAIL PROTECTED] so appropriate action can
be taken.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately
return this message and delete it from your files.  The contents within
this email may not represent the views of Eye Media Pty Ltd nor be
authorised for distribution.  You are advised to seek written confirmation
from a director of the company that the contents have been authorised for
distribution.