You have nothing to fear about grc.com.  If anything Steve Gibson want's
to protect your privacy.  He even goes as far as mailing a confirmation
email to you that you have to reply to.  Once you reply, you are queued
for a scan.  grc.com is an interesting site.  The dude is into writing
most everything in assembler.  He seems pretty picky and maybe his work
is  more acturate.  I keep meaning to scan my firewall with nmap.  nmap
will look at the signature of your TCP stack and take a guess at your
OS.

Greg