I've got a question concerning DSL service via PPPoA, yes oA for PPP
over
ATM, which is what is what my ISP uses.

Ok, the way it was explained to me is that my DSL modem, Zyxel Prestige
642MA will have an ethernet port for my connection, it will have a set
IP of
192.168.1.1 on that ethernet port, it hen expects you in house machine
have an address of 192.168.1.2.

Ok, that means in order to "talk" out to the internet, my router, or any
machine has uses 192.168.1.1 as the gateway machine with the routing
table
defaulting to it.

Now, about ipmasq and firewalling. Since the DSL modem expects the
connected
machine to be 192.168.1.1, then the DSL modem would have to do
NAT/ipmasq for
it. So how would the LRP machine be set up for firewall and
ipmasqurading
for the second nic local network of say 192.168.2.xxx? Since it's
internet
connection is also a private network number, not a dynamically allocated
global number like a normal ppp connection would get.

The settings for the local networked machines would be ip 192.168.2.xxx,
gateway
 192.168.2.1, ip of the
LRP's nic on that network, and DNS being the same as before.

Anybody set up a router like this before??

I am not new to LRP, I have been running one for many months, switching
over
to eiger2beta a month or so ago to fix an AOL Instant Messenger problem.

I have about ten days to two weeks to get ready for this.

--
Jeff Pierce
[EMAIL PROTECTED]