Hello all, this is my first time over in this neck of the woods (having
lurked on the linux-router list for a long time).

I'm running EigerStein Beta2 with extended scripts v1.0, but I'm not really
sure that any of that is relevant.

My problem is that I have a cable modem connection that does not come with a
static ip address.  As I run a DMZ server that I need to have accessible, my
plan is to run a script (daily with the log cleanups or each time dhcpclient
receives a new lease? how would I do that) that uses mnc to transfer the
output of 'ip route' to my DMZ server, where I have a basic python server
waiting to do things with the information.  So, here is the script that I
have,

----begin very basic script----
#!/bin/sh

data=$(ip route)

address="192.168.2.2"
port="55555"

echo $data | mnc $address $port

exit 0
----end script----

This does what I want it to do, except it just waits to do anything until I
hit control+c.  I can see this when looking at my server output.  It's like
the mnc transfer is not completed until I hit control+c.  I've looked
through Mike Sensney's mail script here
(http://users.owt.com/msensney/lrp/mail), but I'm totally new to shell
scripting, and don't really understand how it works.  If someone could tell
me how I can make this script not require user intervention, I'd really
appreciate it.

thanks

tim

ps If you happen to know how I can execute my script each time I get an ip
lease, that would be great too :-)