[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I´m using Eigerstein at home and want to add a FTP daemon at it.
> Does anyone know of a "up to date" FTP package??

I've been attempting to maintain proftpd; I may have a glibc 2.0 version
around here somewhere.  The tendency of sources these days is to be
incompatable with glibc 2.0 - we'll see.  In any case, the Oxygen
Networking Disk should have one, as should the Oxygen packages
directory:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/pub/oxygen/packages/

http://leaf.sourceforge.net

> I would like to setup a host to compile packages. What is the "minimum"
> configuration for such a host. Performance is not an issue, my main concern is
> disk space and memory.

Simple answer: use any Linux distribution based on glibc 2.0; I've had
good operations with Debian 2.1, Red Hat 5.2, and Mandrake 5.3.

> I've downloaded debian 2.1.r4. Is there a minimal configuration in order to
> compile LRP packages??

Not really - make sure you have gcc and the *-devel packages as
necessary.

> I know I need some patches to compile for LRP, where can I get them?

Oxygen/LRP Resource CDROM has them.

> Where can I get some sort of How-To?

http://leaf.sourceforge.net

Look for the Guides under Documentation: the LRP Developer's Guide is
there.