Actually it's very easy to do it from linux. I had no problems.

Once you have the CF disk working as IDE, you simply run mkfs.msdos on it
then mount it on linux.
Then you mount the LRP floppy and copy everything to the CF disk, and run
syslinux on that device. Then you download an Eigerstein IDE kernel and
copy it over the "linux" file on the CF disk. That's all! ;-)