On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Reginald R. Richardson wrote:

> Need some help on this one guys...
>

> The crime scene is as follows..
>
> Dual ISP links:
> Cable Modem, using PPPOE (DHCP assigned external IP)  ppp0 via eth0
> 213.17.94.x
> ADSL, using STATIC IP                                                 eth2
> Internal Network                                              eth1
>
> Internal E-Mail Server        to be portforwarded from ADSL Connection (eth2)
>
> Image:EigerStein2Beta PPPOE version by K. Hardley
>
> Mistary to be solved:
> I need to know how to have both devices be configured as External
> Interfaces, so that the can be proteceted by the Firewall Script.
> Need to know, how to let the DHCP script only assigned a DHCP address to the
> Cable Connectoin and not the ADSL Connection
> Need to know, how only let incomining SMTP and POP3 packets from the ADSL
> connnectoin be portforwed to internel e-mail server, and SMTP and POP3
> packets coming in from the Cable Modem be denied....
>
> That's about the basics, any nice suggestions would be also welcomed..
> thnks

check the archives for some messages from me a couple of weeks ago, I
posted my network.conf and ipfilter.conf. They're modified to have two
external interfaces, ppp0 and eth0 in my case. I was never able to get
it to work because of problems with masq'ing and routing, but those
scripts should get you at least part way to the solution.

 --
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...