There is a command line variable for the HL server to explicitly state the
IP address.  The shortcut that starts your server should look something like
this:

<PathToHalf-LifeDircectory>\hlds.exe -game cstrike +ip <your IP here>
+maxplayers 10

Or, when you lose your baby teeth, and move up to Linux <grin>, it will look
like this:

./hlds_run -game cstrike +ip <your IP here> +maxplayers 10

All the goods on server admin are here:

http://server.counter-strike.net/howto.html

Makes me miss the old days, before Speakeasy moved my POP 800 miles further
down the copper, and raised my gateway ping from <20 to >100 ms.  That move
put my servers out of business.  :(  Now I just have an expensive,
high-latency SDSL line ---- but no servers...

Did I mention Speakeasy is off my holiday greeting card list?