> Thank you, my routing problem is over now.
>
> The PPPD problem remains. There seems to be a
> misunderstanging about that (my fault, didn't supply enough info).
>
> I'm using a package called ADSL.lrp, it contains a few
> scripts, some other stuff that my ISP requires and PPTP and PPPD.
>
> So I DON'T use PPPD.lrp, PPP.lrp or PPTP.lrp, but PPPD is on
> my LRP-box, I just don't think it's initialised at startup, I
> think I should add it to inittab or inetd.conf, I just don't
> know how (to which) and with what parameters.
I don't know about adsl.lrp, but in general LRP starts daemons with
files in /etc/init.d. I'm surprised that your package didn't install
one.

The ppp startup script included with ppp.lrp is fairly generic and can
probably be adapted for your purpose. You need to make it executable and
backup /etc before rebooting. Note that the RCDLINKS line automatically
creates startup links for you:

#! /bin/sh
# /etc/init.d/ppp: start or stop PPP.

RCDLINKS="2,S20 3,S20 4,S20 5,S20 0,K20 1,K20 6,K20"

# NO_RESTART_ON_UPGRADE

test -x /usr/sbin/pppd -a -f /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot || exit 0

case "$1" in
  start)
      echo -n "Starting up PPP link: pppd"
      start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec /usr/sbin/pppd -- call
provider
      echo "."
    ;;
  stop)
      echo -n "Shutting down PPP link: pppd"
      start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --exec /usr/sbin/pppd
      echo "."
    ;;
  restart|force-reload)
      $0 stop
      $0 start
    ;;
  *)
      echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/ppp {start|stop|restart|force-reload}"
      exit 1
    ;;
esac

exit 0