On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Andrew GRAY wrote:

> Does anyone have a set of compiled drivers for the DFE 530TXwhich work with
> the Eigerstein LRP?   I have the LRP running using a couple of RTL 10 MHz
> (NE2000 Clone) cards but am trying to upgrade the network to 100MHz.   We
> use these cards in our NT boxes almost exclusively so thought to use them
> with the LRP also but without any success so far.
>
> The cards I have have are marked as DFE-530TX REV-B1.  They also have the
> number DFE530TX5B1 on one end of the card.
> The 2 main chips on the card are labeled as DL10030A and L80225/B.
>
> I have tried the via-rhine, tulip and rtl8139 drivers fromCharlse's site
> where I downloaded the kernel from and in the correct modules directory for
> the kernel but none of them work at all.   I am using the 2.2.16-1-VPNMasq
> kernel with an ISDN connection to the web, a DMZ and an internal network.

According to support.dlink.com:

DFE530TX = via-rhine
DFE530TX+ = rtl8139

There is a warning in the via-rhine driver code that it assumes the EEPROM
settings are correct... you may need to run the configuration program to
make sure they are setup.

Note that you can download the Dachstein kernel and replace the "linux"
file and the modules in "modules.lrp" with this kernel 2.2.19 kernel and
modules.  There were some changes between 2.2.16 and 2.2.19, but I don't
know if they would be at the root of your problems.

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing