hi Stefan,

if you have some piece of software that will automatically connect the
isdn line when traffic is received on the isdn device, you could add
another default route with a higher metric, like:

ip r add default dev $isdn_dev via $isdn_ip metric 2
(assuming the first default route has a metric of 1)

but that might bring the isdn line when the internet link is too
saturated.

you can also try to create a script to ping LRP2 box trough LRP1 and
should that ping fail bring on the isdn interface, that script could go
to the cron.d (every 2 minutes "*/2 * * * *")

the script might be like:

#!/bin/bash
/bin/ping -w 2 -n -q -I $INTERNET_DEV -c 1 $LRP2_IP 2>&1 > /dev/null
if [ "$?" = "1" ]; then
  ip r del default
  bring_up_isdn()
  ip r add default dev $ISDN_DEV
fi

you could also add to this script functionality to bring down isdn when
internet is up again.

that might help you,
pedro