I am building a router with EigerStein-2beta-img-EigerStein_2beta.exe.
I have to connect to an internal 172.16.0.0/16 network.
I have prepared a diskette which boots.
The router can ping the internet, but have not yet tested the internal network.

I would like to know if I am making any obvious errors before I troubleshoot the
router at the client's location and get in over my head and embarrass myself.

Thanks for your help in advance.

The router is a Pentium 120 w/32M, no hard drive, 2 new linksys nics (tulip).
I have modified network.conf to use this internal network.

********** network diagram ***********

                 | LRP  2.9.4  myrouter.DOMAIN                          |
                 |                                                      |
Cable Modem------|eth0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx                                  |
(1 static IP     |                                                      |
provided by ISP) |                                                      |
                 |              eth1                                    |
                 |          172.16.1.250                                |
                 +----------------+-------------------------------------+
Netmasks:                  255.255.0.0
Network Names:                 DOMAIN

                               Switch
                            172.16.1.9

                                  +----+-------------------++++++++++++++
                                       |                   ||||||||||||||
                                  NT File Server             15 clients
                                    (DHCP)
                                 172.16.1.10

*********** VARIABLES SET IN NETWORK.CONF *************

eth0_IP_SHARED_MEDIA=YES

eth0_BRIDGE=NO

eth0_PROXY_ARP=NO

eth0_FAIRQ=NO

eth1_IPADDR=172.16.1.250
eth1_MASKLEN=16
eth1_BROADCAST=172.16.1.255
eth1_IP_SPOOF=YES
eth1_IP_KRNL_LOGMARTIANS=YES
eth1_IP_SHARED_MEDIA=NO
eth1_BRIDGE=NO
eth1_PROXY_ARP=NO
eth1_FAIRQ=NO

ppp_BNDWIDTH=30Kbit
ppp_FAIRQ=YES
ppp_TXQLEN=30
ppp_IABURST=20
ppp_IARATE=10Kbit
ppp_PXMTU=1500

IPFILTER_SWITCH=firewall

SNMP_BLOCK=YES                  # Block all SNMP (YES/NO)
                                # List of IP  Nos used for SNMP management
SNMP_MANAGER_IPS=""

MRK_CRIT=1                      # Critical traffic, routing, DNS
MRK_IA=2                        # Interactive traffic - telnet, ssh, IRC
                                # List of traffic types and maps to mark values
                                # Setting this variable turns on the
                                # fairq chain
CLS_FAIRQ="${MRK_CRIT}_89_0/0 ${MRK_CRIT}_udp_0/0_route ${MRK_CRIT}_tcp_0/0_bgp
${MRK_CRIT}_tcp_0/0_domain ${MRK_CRIT}_udp_0/0_domain ${MRK_IA}_tcp_0/0_telnet
${MRK_IA}_tcp_0/0_ssh"

EXTERN_IF="eth0"                # External Interface

EXTERN_DHCP=NO                 # - YES/NO

IF_DHCP=$EXTERN_IF
                                # External Address dynamically assigned
EXTERN_DYNADDR=NO               # - YES/NO
                                #  -- OR --
EXTERN_IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx       # External Interface IP number

EXTERN_UDP_PORTS="0/0_domain 0/0_ntp 0/0_bootpc"

EXTERN_TCP_PORTS="0/0_ssh 0/0_smtp"

INTERN_IF="eth1"                # Internal Interface
INTERN_NET=172.16.1.0/16        # Internal network (to be masqueraded)
INTERN_IP=172.16.1.250          # IP number of Internal Interface
                                # (to allow forwarding to external IP)
MASQ_SWITCH=YES                 # Masquerade internal network to outside
                                # world - YES/NO

HOSTNAME=ISP assigned hostname

HOSTS0="$eth0_IPADDR    $HOSTNAME.DOMAIN        $HOSTNAME mr rtr"

DOMAINS="DOMAIN"

DNS0=172.16.1.250
DNS1=ISP's dns1
DNS2=ISP's dns2