> Richard,
>
>   Thanks for the reply.  I was hoping to find a method
> where I didn't have to run a master DNS, though tinydns
> sounds like the best solution.
>
>   I'm not sure one could run it on their LRP without paying
> extra to Wacbell.
>
>   But a cacheing dns server that could somehow be loaded
> up with a database to tell it how my 10.1.2.0/24 network
> was named, would be sooo nice.
>
> Best,
> Matthew

Dnscache+tinydns can be configured to do exactly what you describe. Bind
dnscache to the internal interface of your LRP box and configure your
internal hosts to use it as their DNS server. Bind tinydns to localhost
(127.0.0.1) on the LRP box and load it with information on your
10.1.2.0/24 network. Tell dnscache to query 127.0.0.1 when it needs to
resolve hosts on your local network.

-Richard