-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brock Nanson
Sent: 16 October 2001 01:25
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Charles Steinkuehler
Subject: [Leaf-user] Eiger-Wavelan

I was pointed at the Eiger Wavelan package as a starting point to get my
Breezecom card going.  It was surprisingly easy to get the card services
going and the wireless card recognized.  I've used the regular Eiger before
so it was fairly familiar.  However...

Where I'm losing track of things is how the eth0 and eth1 are used in the
network conf file.  I want the wireless card to be the 'outside' (eth0), but
for some reason it is loaded last and becomes eth1.  I think this has to do
with how card services work.  Although they are loaded first in the modules
file, the NIC gets the first eth assignment.

So, do I need to reverse this order somehow?  Does LRP support an aliases
file (and would that work)?  Or can I simply swap all instances of eth0 and
eth1 in the network.conf file?  Or would that mess up other things?

I haven't found any documentation for the Eiger Wavelan package so I'm not
even sure if the wireless card was intended to be for the public or private
side.  It is referred to as 'wavelan' in the network.conf file, instead of
by an eth#.

I'm lost now I'm afraid.  Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks,

Brock Nanson