About a week ago, there was a msg thread about RAM usage exceeding
available RAM.  I never saw the end of the thread, but I have the same issue
and would like to know!

In particular, on the default config floppy boot of D-CD rc2, "df" shows two
ram disks: ram0 at 12MB and ram1 at 4MB.  On a 16MB machine, that
leaves 0MB for linux.  I don't quite understand the output of "free", but it
seems to say that there is only 14MB total RAM (is this left after kernel?).
What gives?

Note: the system seems to work so the suggestion that the RAM is double
allocated and heading for disaster as the ram disk fills doesn't seem to
fit.

Also, I get the message digest of this list and I'm convinced that I miss
many
messages because I follow threads and see messages that quote prior
messages that I never got!  Is that because I only get the "user" list and
some people respond on other threads (e.g. devel)?

Keith Laidlaw
Manager of Engineering
Dakins Engineering Group Ltd.
tel: (905) 814-6024