Thanks for all the help so far.  I'm getting there...

I set up D-CD rc3 this:

192.168.1.0/24 <------> 192.168.1.254 - 24.x.x.x/32 <------> 213.x.x.x/32
w2k network     10BaseT      D-CD BOX ------         internet     W2K box

Took FOREVER to figure out how to get IPSec to work on the LRP box so that
it allows my W2K box can access my W2K network but I did get it!!!

Not complete, however.  The biggest problem I have is the firewall rules on
D-CD.  If I set it to be a router, all works.  When I set it to be a
firewall, I can ping 192.168.1.254 from W2K box, but can't ping the rest of
192.168.1.0/24.  I'm certain that the reason is that forwarding is deny'd.

1)What is the best way to change the f/w rules to allow ANY traffic from the
W2K box to the W2K network without compromising security?
2)I'm getting martians from my w2k network (cause I know the mac address).
How do I track down what application is sending them?  What exactly are
martians?
3)backup prompts for "press any key" but it never used to (boot from floppy)
4)When I boot the D-CD, I get a warning from IPSec saying that
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/ipsec0/rp_filter contains a 1 and should contain 0.
What gives?

TIA

Keith Laidlaw
Manager of Engineering