Don:
        Heya. Easiest thing to do is grab the echowalll.lrp
package and setup your IPSEC_HOST as per the instructions in
the README.

        To answer your questions...yes, Dachstein (and the others)
can "masq" and "forward" an IPSec connection much like any other
sorta connection *provided* that you have a "VPN kernel" running
(eg, Dachstein-normal or Eiger-VPNMasq from Charles' site) along
with the ip_masq_ipsec.o kernel module loaded. If these are enabled,
your firewall needs to allow *protocol* 50 (not *port* 50) thru, as
well as UDP port-500. Finally, to forward the packets on to an
internal machine, you need to use the "ipfwd" utility which can
handle IP protocol 50, rather than the more common "ipmasqadm"
which only handles IP protocols 6 and 17 (TCP and UDP, respectively) .
If you have all 5 of those in place, you can run a VPN client behind
your LEAF firewall/router.
        It's easier than it sounds, honest. Am doing it here right
now, in fact. :)

        Good luck!

-Scott