http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/dnscache1.html
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/tinydns1.html

> What are the criteria we ought to consider, in deciding which to
deploy?
Really two different needs. If you only need to access the web dnscache
will speed up your requests (that is the "cache" part of it) but it will
also make your request more secure.
Tinydns is needed if you want to serve the adresses of your domain(s).
Basically it will be here a replacement for BIND (in fact BIND combines
the dnscache & tinydns function in the same program). But tinydns is
much more secure and a LOT LOT smaller (compare size of tinydns.lrp &
bind.lrp :-) )
Background material here:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/dnscache6.html

Jacques