Eddie,

When you say 'everything appears to work', what do you mean?

Does dmesg or tailing /var/log/messages say anything about your card?
Anything like:  "Damn... Adapter won't start!" <- from latest sdladrv.c

When it was working under LRP 2.9.8, were you loading a wanpipe.lrp in
syslinux.cfg?  If you just changed your kernel to Eigerstein, and it
still worked, maybe your old version had some of the config tools
already installed.  From perusing the Dachstein-CD, it doesn't appear to
be there.

Again, it's been a while since I played with one, but a little bit more
detail would be helpful.

Doug.