On 11/29/01 at 12:37 AM, Ryan P. Matijcio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> That's what I ended up doing, downloading
> oxygen-090601.ima.  However I can't seem to get it to
> boot.  Do the development versions support IDE drives?

I thought they did.  Look for a line from the Linux kernel detailing
information about hda, etc.

> The last lines I get during the boot process are:
>
> ---
>
> *** ALMOST ALL OTHER PARAMETERS WILL BE IGNORED! ***
>
> LINUXRC: using configuration file setup.cnf
> LINUXRC: couldn't mount /dev/hda1 with fs msdos
> LINUXRC: loading from disk failed!

This is the key; it couldn't mount the disk with the msdos filesystem.

If the kernel doesn't support IDE, then look at the kernel section of
the web page for one that does support IDE.
--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator