hello lynn

it is the option -l which is responsible for the logging.

you can redefine a rule like this:

ipchains -R input 7 -s 10.0.0.0/8 -j DENY

this replaces rule nr. 7 on the input chain. (rule nr. 7 was _my_ rule to
deny traffic from 10.0.0.0/8 and log it, i used the above command to replace
it.)

you can of course decide to be more concious then me and log everything else
but your rogue server. in this case you would have to insert a more specific
rule

ipchains -I input 6 -s 10.1.1.2/32 -j DENY

which will silently deny the traffic from that specific server before the
more general rule denies it and loggs it.

it is impossible to determine the exact commands you would have to issue on
your system (i do not use dachstein, so rules 10, 12 and 41 mean nothing to
me). generally you should be able to use the same syntax that generated your
rules in the first place, just avoiding -l.

it is the IPCHAINS-HOWTO
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IPCHAINS-HOWTO-4.html) where more information
can be found.

there is also a great quick reference: