> I would like to run Dachstein on a harddrive or flashcard. With the old
> Eigerstein2B it wasn't too hard to do. Are there a lot of fundamental
> changes required to get the Dachstein image to boot off a harddrive?

It should be pretty much exactly like running Eiger off a HDD or flash.  One
added benifit to Dachstein: it already has support for boot-time loading of
modules (see the SCSI section of my HDD HOWTO).  This means you can simply
put modules in /boot/lib/modules, edit /boot/etc/modules, backup root, and
support whatever wacky hardware you want to boot from...

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net