Syed Irfan wrote:

> i have downloaded oxygen cd iso and about to download dachstein-cd iso
> the onygen iso is about 600M and dachstein-cd iso is about 18.9M
> why is oxygen 600M, i dont understand

The reason the Oxygen CDROM is 600M is because it includes a lot of
things OTHER than just the Oxygen distribution.  Included on the CDROM
are:

* Documentation in /docs
* Kernel sources and patches in /kernel
* Source code to every package I can lay hands on - /src
* Every package I've done and a few besides (278 at current count) -
/pkg
* Package archives, including Koon Wong's and others
* Red Hat Compatability RPMs to allow you to compile for glibc 2.0 on a
glibc 2.1 system
* A lot of historical Oxygen images

The Dachstein CDROM is 18M because it doesn't include all the extras.

I'm working on a CDROM that will be under 150M to fit on one of those
tiny CDROMs we're starting to see.... it'll have a lot of resources but
less of the pure development stuff.