Well I can't see what else you can remove - except comments from the
configuration files ;) but I doubt that is gonna do it.  You could always
try using 1743K disks.  This is not recommended as it can lead to a lot of
useless diskettes - and non booting systems, plus some floppy drives don't
like them.  If you do go this route you may need to put the syslinux
bootloader on the diskettes again as I have had problems using 1743K images
without running syslinux on the disks again - it just gave me boot errors.
Its available here...

http://syslinux.zytor.com/

Your other option is using a dual floppy boot.