Hi all,
I am trying to set up a serial terminal output to be read by hyperterm
in windows. Thia will allow me to configure the firewall without
reattaching a monitor and keyboard. The How tos look super simple and
Charles has set it up so I should just be able to uncomment a single
line in the inittab file and have it working but alas I never seem to
get that lucky. I have tried several cables/ null modem adapters to no
avail. I tested the ports with a DOS utility that uses a loopback plug
and they work OK. They only thing left I can see to check is the address
and IRQ of the ports or perhaps my NIC's. I think they may conflict.
How can I find what the NIC's are set to in Linux or DOS? They are 3 Com
3c509's. Is there a way to verify that the ports are configured properly
and how do I change the address / IRq that Linux writes to if I have to
alter the port hardware address.

Thanks,
Kor Krofft