Charles Steinkuehler wrote:

> > >         Regarding silent deny's...you can block the whole
> > > 224.0.0.0/4 range (RFC-1112 Class-D multicast) without worry.
> > > That catches IGMP, IGRP, EIGRP, and probably others. As you'd
> > > expect, this is in the same "reduce my log noise" section of
> > > echowall.rules.
> >
> > And, what is the best way to do this?
> >
> > Charles, is this possible with SILENT_DENY?
>
> SILENT_DENY="all_224.0.0.0/4"

Is this for Source or Destination -- 224.0.0.0 ???

If I understand the underlying code, your example will silently deny
everything from the 224.0.0.0/4 network, regardless to where
(destination) it is destined.

However, how do I silently deny anything from any source that is
destined for 255.255.255.255 ???

Since AT&T Broadband moved me to the new network, I am flooded with this
crap:

        PROTO=17 12.242.20.50:67 255.255.255.255:68

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .