running a server behind a firewall on a different port requires a setup on
the ftp server:

following settings (for proftpd) are relevant:

Port                            21 - change this to reflect your preferences

MasqueradeAddress               your firewall's ip address or domain name
PassivePorts                    fromport  toport

the last two are needed to make passive mode work (people with firewalls
will like you for doing this). check if your version supports these
directives.

you will have to port-forward your port of choice for the ftp server and the
range of passive ports as well as the ftp-data port (20) to the masqueraded
host. you will have to make sure your firewall accepts connections on these
ports.

how to do this is specific to your distribution / firewall. since i do not
restart often, i just use a little script that does the port forwarding and
have actually forgotten how to configure my router.

ip_masq_ftp is not relevant to the question of running a masqueraded
ftp-server.

i am not sure however what to do with the ftp-data port if 2 or more  ftp
servers run on different ports. i did consult
ftp.echogent.com/docs/FTP_and_Firewalls.pdf (very good reading, btw.)