> Not sure if anyone else has a PPPOE dachstein system setup yet, but using
> version 1.0.2 there is a slight problem, at least on my setup.
>
> The network needs to be loaded before adsl-start is called, otherwise pppd
> can't talk to the modem.   So, in /etc/init.d/pppoe the following change
> needs to be made:
>
> RCDLINKS="S,S38 6,K38"
>
> should be
>
> RCDLINKS="S,S48 6,K48"
>
> or really just anything after the network, which is 38.   And of course,
> backup pppoe.  Other than that it was incredibly easy to setup.  Thanks
> Charles for all your hard work!

This hasn't been required in my test setups, and on my test systems the
network scripts were NOT doing anything to configure the external
interface...that was all handled by the adsl-start scripts.

Can you provide some details about your setup, and maybe what sort of errors
you were seeing before moving adsl-start after network in the startup
scripts?

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net