> I did however have some minor confusion which might assist
> other who are also confused.
>
> First was that when I looked at the weblet website for the
> first time it showed me an error on the RAM Disk which I
> later learned was not actually an error but the fact that I
> had the CD mounted and it thought that the disk was full.
> When I unmounted the CD the error went away.  Not a problem
> per say but it caused me a half hour of grief trying to
> figure out why I had an error.

This has been mentioned before, but I've so-far forgotten to add it to the
bug/feature list...it's on there now, so if someone doesn't beat me to it,
I'll update the CGI disk checking script to ignore CD-ROM's when I've got
some spare time...

> Second on the dachstien-CD-v1.0.2.iso image it indicated
> from the contents that both the OpenSSH and Koon's older
> (!!-Depricated-!!) version was on the CD but in reality only
> the OpenSSH version was on the CD which didn't seem to be a
> problem at first until I tried to connect via Putty (in
> windows) which does not support OpenSSH.  Please correct me
> if I am wrong but it wouldn't seem to work for me and on the
> Putty site they claim they do not support OpenSSH.  If
> someone has another Windows OpenSSH compatible option I
> would be interested but I really like Putty.   I was also
> concerned about OpenSSH because of a recent CAIC bulletin I
> received that indicated security problems.  Not a problem
> for me because I only use it no my internal net but could
> use a look by someone smarter than me to see if this version
> is affected.

What sort of problems are you having?  I have absolutely NO problems using
putty and OpenSSH (as provided on the Dachstein CD).  I use putty daily for
adminstering my various routers & servers.  I'm running release 0.51.

> Third, In the Dachstein CD Readme.txt file in the section on
<snip>
Yes, putting example lrpkg.cfg and pkgpath.cfg files on the CD is already on
the todo list for 1.0.3.

> Charles, Regarding all this information I would be glad to
> "mark up" your readme file and forward it back to you to
> with the changes I have outlined above.  It is the least I
> can do to assist in this project which has been a great
> benefit to both my learning of routers and networking and
> better use of my existing cable modem connection.

This would be very helpful.  I'm short of time at the moment, and have
so-far been unable to find the time to write current documentation for the
Dachstein releases in general, and the CD-ROM version in particular, so any
and all contributions to documentation are greatly appreciated.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net