I ended up downloading natsemi.c:v1.11  11/7/2001 from
ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/natsemi.c
Had to compile under a 2.2.x kernel -- Suse 7.0 seemed to work --- since
gcc is not on the Dachstein floppy image.
If Charles & the sourceforge folks have positive results wherever they
test these things, I would recommend updating the Dachstien distribs to
include the newer natsemi.o
Never saw a fa311.o in my travels.....