Hi all,

I have a client with an interesting situation, regarding VPN needs.  They are a
small database consulting group, who need secure remote access across a variety
of scenarios:

1.  Sitting in their US office, accessing multi-vendor VPN systems at major
corporations.

2.  Sitting at the customer site, accessing their own US office LAN:
     a. using their own laptops (Linux and Windows)
     b. using "borrowed" machines (Linux and Windows) on the customers' LAN
3.  One employee in Australia needs to:
     a. do all of the above, for both the US office and US customers
     b. have the local AU LAN securely access the US LAN, Windows shares and all
     c. Have his laptop access local Australia customers

Given the nature of IPSec, it seems NAT'd addresses can't be relied upon in all
scenarios.  This tends to indicate we would be better off running routable
addresses on the LANs in questions --- but are the risks of that manageable?
They own a /25 subnet, but I'm not sure we want to expose the entire range to
the Internet.

Having read some about FreeS/WAN, I am still confused on what it takes to
connect from a roaming laptop --- with a varying IP.  Most of the instructions
tend to be focused on gateway-to-gateway connections, not laptop-to-gateway --
and almost all doc uses non-routable IPs in the examples.  Any pointers to
configuring a single-address client to FreeS/WAN on LRP would be helpful.

Has anyone used LRP routers in this varied a scenario?  Any recommendations on
VPN clients for roaming connections, both for Windows and Linux laptops?  Any
wisdom, advice, pointers? :)

Thanks,

Dan