I'm feeling pretty dumb after 5 hours of trying to download and use the
following file:

http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/files/kernels/Dachstein-normal/linux-2.2.19-3-LEAF-normal-IDE.zImage.upx

(I am trying to put Dachstein on a hard disk and need a kernel that
supports IDE, per Charles
Steinkuehler's excellent LRP Hard Disk HOWTO).

I have tried to decompress it using upx :  ./upx -d linux...upx
(on three different systems) and each time I get the error "not packed
by UPX".
I have also tried to just rename it "linux" and boot with it, but it is
not recognized as a kernel.
Also, my dos system is having trouble reading the floppy that way.  I
get read errors.
(I have downloaded it twice, first to harddisk..)

What silly, basic, giz-wiz-I-should-have-known-that, thing am I doing
wrong???

Many thanks,

Pete Dubler
Fort Collins, CO