> >I get the following error messages:
> >
> >gunzip: invalid compressed data--crc error
> >gunzip: invalid compressed data--length error
> >
> >Any ideas as to what might be causing these?

> This sounds like the well known Netscape for Windows problem. If the mime
> type is not set properly on the server then Netscape thinks the file is an
> ascii file and adds a CR to every LF, which then corrupts the files.

(-; (-; (-;

I know... That why I mentionned in my message that I didn't use Netscape... (ie
Communicator)

This is taken from my previous message (the last two lines beginning with BTW (By The
Way...)):

> Any ideas as to what might be causing these? Are the packages really corrupted or is
>there some
> sort of incompatibility between the gunzip/gzip that was used with ES2B and the one
>used with
> Dachstein? (BTW, I didn't used Netscape to download these so I would hope that the
>files
> are ok...)

[Oops, I had a typo there... I should have written "use" and not "used" ... )-; ]

> The only way to fix this problem is at the server. Unfortunately if you are
> not the server admin this is not an option. The only user work around is to
> use a different client.

I used ie 6... I normally use Communicator (Netscape) but I always have a recent copy
of ie just in
case... (-; (-; (-; (Though I would gladly switch to Mozilla (Communicator has become
too unstable
& has too many problems with web pages) but my profile is so big (I use it for mail &
news too)
that it always tell me there's not enough space (I guess it wants to make a temporary
file on my
C drive and while there is still a lot of space left on that drive there is not enough
space to
copy my entire profile there...).

Does anybody have a working copy of that package or is anybody able to use the package
on c0wz (or its
mirrors)?

Thanks for the suggestion!
Have an Happy New Year!