On Wed, 02 Jan 2002, you wrote:
> > I am using Eigerstein2beta with dhclient 2.0pl5. I can get an IP from my
> > cable provider just fine, however, no proper default route is assigned
> > (it appears as 0.0.0.0) when I manually set a default route, all is well
> > and client machines can access the internet through the router. Anyone
> > have any suggestions as to whats happening?

I have had to put a legal address in my isp's network to receive a lease/
gateway address here locally w/ roadrunner. It doesn't have to be the
"proper" gateway, just one that is within the same sub/supernet.

You enter it in network.conf under the gateway line of eth0.

~Lynn Avants

--
If linux isn't the solution, you've got the wrong problem.