Hello,

I recently purchased 2 3Com 3CSOHO100-TX cards for use with Dachstein 1.02.
These cards are supported under the 3c59x.o module.  The 3c59x.o module
supplied with the current version of Dachstein is revision 3c59x.c: v0.99 Rb
8/8/2000 by Donald Becker.

This module does not function properly with these particular 3com cards.
Some of the errors that I observed were:

1.  Dachstein found 2 MII Transceivers on each card.  This is incorrect.
These cards only have 1.

2.  If I booted with no network cables connected, and then connected the
cables later, the card would not autonegotiate properly.  The link light
would flash, but never go solid on. (I did wait more than 1 minute to ensure
that the heartbeat occurred).

3.  If I booted with cables attached to each card, I received hundreds of
PCI Bus Error messages.

As a test, I tried the 3c59x.o module supplied with the current version of
Oxygen.  The Oxygen module is revision 3c59x.c: 18 Feb 01 by Donald Becker
and others.

This module loaded properly into Dachstein.  With it loaded, I did not see
any of the above errors.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get an updated 3c59x.o as part of
the Dachstein distribution.

Thanks,

Doug