> Is it possible to configure a set of LRP/LEAF routers to forward broadcast
> traffic accross a vpn link between the two subnets?  If so, how would I go
> about configuring the boxes to take the traffic?

It's possible, but I'm not sure exactly how...you may have to write code to
do this.  You may also be able to do something with NAT (ie NAT <local
broadcast address> to <remote directed broadcast address>), seting up
mirrored rules on each end for bi-directional communication.  If this works
at all, you'll have to put filtering rules in place to prevent loops (or
you'll loose all your available bandwidth when the first broadcast packet
hits your network).

A bit of reading up on things like broadcast storms, beat-down, and TCP/IP
networking fundamentals (especially the parts about why broadcast packets do
NOT go through routers) would probably also be a good idea...

Reading between the lines:
If you're really asking how to get windows network neighborhood to show
resources on both sides of your VPN link, please refer to Samba and/or M$
networking documentation.  NOTE:  For M$ networking to work properly this
way, you must have NT domains that cross the VPN...Samba supports workgroup
browsing across the VPN.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net